Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Well, this just bugs!!!

Hello all. I am blogging to you from inside a bug infested house. Yes, you heard that right, bug infested. We have bugs in our clothes, in our carpets, in our furniture and of course in our hair. Oh, yes we have bugs!

Now, how did this happen you may ask. Well, I took Sugar to the doctor to get a routine physical for school and she was a bit frightened because she was going to get a shot so she was sitting on my lap. I noticed out of the corner of my eye some movement and looked closer.

"Oh, my heck, doctor!" "Is that what I think it is?!"

"Yes, that is exactally what you think it is."

Words can not describe my feelings of mortification and disgust as she proceded to check my hair to see if I had the little bugs. She then informed me that I had bugs too. Joy and rapture.

Well, after this it is all just a whirlwind of bugs, lotions, combing through hair, washing, drying, bagging items and vaccuming. Joy and rapture.

Anyhoo, to say that this just bugs is so true! We have self imposed a family quarantine and none of us have left the house except for hoosband. Let me just say that Hoosband has been a life saver during this all. He has kept me sane and he has combed numerous times through three heads of hair looking for little critters. He has been so sweet to everyone, worked, and found time to play with Sugar and Berry as well. Can I just say that I love him and know this so much more after this experience.

Sugar has been behaving exceptionally well during this whole thing. She has had to sit for hours at a time while either mom or dad combs through her hair. Last night, she fell asleep while mom was combing through her hair. What a sweetie! Not to mention that we have not been able to go anywhere during this whole thing.

Berry has been pretty good as well and has kept us all entertained. She also has not gotten too upset although she keeps trying to find little things to get in trouble for so that she can have attention since big sis gets alot of it when we are combing her hair. For some reason, the little boogers seem to like Sugar's hair better than any of ours. Poor Sugar!

Well, I will update you when the infestation is over. Still working on being able to put pictures on. Thanks for reading!!!

2 comments:

Sarah Cox said...

Oh Lori! What a horrible ordeal! When I worked at the shelter that was part of our nightly duties...to comb out all the bugs! So, I totally feel your pain!
This too shall pass! Just probably not as fast as you would like it too! Hang in there!

Cygnus said...

honey, you're too sweet. i sure do love you! you're MY life-saver!

i think we're through the worst of it, by far. hey, sugar's at school, so that's gotta say something, right?

i lovest thee!