Monday, December 29, 2008

An Ordinary Day at Our House

I am going to blog about Christmas, but I first wanted to let you all know what a usual day is like at our house. Well, let you know some of the interesting things that my girls do/get into during the day.

Berry drew crayon and marker on the walls.
They both got into an old disposable camera that was kicking around.
They painted thier finger nails with markers.

These next few things happened within seconds or minutes of each other successively.
They hid under the Christmas tree.
Took kitchen sponge and wiped off wooden magazine holder and dropped my Tiffany frog. Don't worry, the frog was okay.
Spilled cup of water on carpet.
Took toy car and drove it all over our wooden furniture leaving scratches everywhere then licked up spilled water on table like a puppy.

Sugar took pink marker and drew on door knobs.
They both drew all over thier hands and feet with marker/paints.

Now, this is not all that they can accomplish in one day, just all that i remembered to write down. Each day, there are more things like this. There is a whole lot of exploring going on. There is research that says that it is important that kids play creatively and with different materials etc. inorder that they develop thier creativity and imaginations. I don't know if my kids are being creative or just creating mischeif. I guess time will tell. :) In the mean time, it is making me more p a t i e n t.

No comments: