Friday, June 27, 2008

You Have Bones Too ! ATribute to Public Television

Hello! This being my first blog, I guess I get to introduce myself. I am a mom of 2 cute girls. We will call them numero uno and dos. Uno is four years old barely and loves to wach Curious George among many other things. Yesterday, after watching a Curious George episode about doctors, numero uno said "Mommy, you have bones." It completely took me off guard until I realized that she got it from Curious George. She then started feeling my arms and legs for bones and also our dog's legs as well. She is so smart and is constantly taking in information and using it later.

My second child, is very active and also loves to watch shows from PBS. Her favorite show is Clifford the Big Red Dog. She likes to say, "Mommy, Clifford the Big Red Dog is big. " She then paused and said, " Daddy is big." I thought it was very cute and showed that she is able to use this basic concept correctly but Daddy did not think it was very cute. I must add that Daddy is not as big as you may be picturing and quite a bit smaller than Clifford :). Hehehehe.

Well, I did not mean to make this blog all about public tv but for some reason when I sat down that is what came out. I do think that it is great that there are such shows that allow kids to learn and to use these concepts in thier lives as opposed to some of the other mindless stuff on tv that children should not watch that fills thier impressionable minds with trash. So I am very greatful for these shows and will admit that even as an adult I do not mind watching them with my children at all and at times am strangely drawn to them.

1 comment:

Cygnus said...

SWEET! Weef has a blog! This makes my day. I'm totally subscribing to your RSS feed. :)

Yo amest thee.